“Eat food. Mostly plants. Not too much.”
— Martin Pollan
eat this …
- Eat mostly plant based foods (vegetables, fruits, grains, legumes)
- Eat nutritionally high density foods
- Eat whole (unprocessed) foods
- Eat marine protein (fish and shellfish)
- Consume alcohol moderately (prefer red wine)
not this …
- Avoid processed foods and sugars
- Minimize dietary fats
- Minimize dairy products
- Minimize (and preferably avoid) animal protein (red and white meat)
This strategy is based on a low fat, Whole Food Plant Based diet, as well as Asian, and Mediterranean Nutrition Strategies.
For data supporting this strategy, see the Experts Speak.